INFORMATION THAT ENTUZE COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
Entuze directly collects information when you:
- sign up for an Entuze user account and create an Entuze user profile.
- enroll and participate in online courses.
- purchase a product or service.
- send email messages to Entuze (including messages to learner support);
- participate in user surveys; and
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on the Entuze Site.
Entuze also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the Entuze Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
Entuze does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on the Entuze Site, you will be directed to Entuze’s third-party payment processor and Entuze’s third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via the Entuze Site.
Entuze requires your Personal Information only in limited circumstances when you:
- sign up for an Entuze user account.
- purchase a Verified Certificate (so that Entuze’s third-party vendor can authenticate your identity) or other product or service (so that Entuze’s third-party vendor can process payment).
- participate in remote proctoring or other course facilitation processes (so that Entuze’s third-party vendor can monitor and assess the integrity of your course activity); or
- earn a Verified Certificate (the certificate will have your name on it).
To the extent that Entuze associates the information that Entuze collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your account profile.
You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on the Entuze Site, for example:
- in your Entuze account profile (and you may display a limited or full profile to other Entuze Site users);
- in applying for financial assistance; or
- when participating in a course, forum, webinar, or other interactive experience on the Entuze Site (noting that in some cases, this information is shared with a third party that provides tools or other assistance for the Entuze Site or a course).
Entuze encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on the Entuze Site. (If you later choose to delete your Entuze account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the process and limits outlined below.)
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES ON THE ENTUZE SITE
- based on your cookie settings, Entuze tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Entuze Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- Entuze may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type when you use Entuze native mobile apps) you used when accessing the Entuze Site, and Entuze may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity; and
- Entuze may track and collect information from emails that Entuze sends to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
Entuze also partners with third parties to help us track and understand your activity on the Entuze Site, how you interact with Entuze’s social media, and how you find or may be referred to the Entuze Site
You have some options for managing Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. These include:
- Modifying your browser settings: You should be able to control how and whether your web browser accepts Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to receive notification of new Cookies, and how to disable existing Cookies. If you reject Entuze’s Cookies, many functions and conveniences of the Entuze Site may not work properly.
- Opting-out of certain third-party tracking and advertising: Some of the third parties used by Entuze for Cookies and Tracking Technologies offer the ability to opt-out from their tracking by following processes described on their websites. Entuze is not responsible for the effectiveness of any third-party opt-out options.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Entuze use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Entuze Site – This includes creating and improving features that support the Entuze community and enable Entuze Site usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the Entuze Site, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses – This includes creating and improving the delivery of massive open online courses and programs on Entuze. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate the Entuze Site, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on the Entuze Site, to learn effectively in such courses and programs, and to purchase or obtain products and services on the Entuze Site such as Verif ied Certificates.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the Entuze Site – This includes tracking Entuze Site outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Honor Code and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the Entuze Site.
- Communicate with you – This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and Entuze Site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of Entuze or Entuze affiliates, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you.
- Support scientific research including, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education – This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
- Track Entuze Site usage against goals and mission – This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to business partners and external audiences.
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations – This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Entuze, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
Entuze may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
Entuze share information, including Personal Information, with third parties for the following purposes:
- With other learners in courses that you take and with other visitors to the Entuze Site, to create an interactive learning environment, support class participation, and share course information – This includes sharing comments, coursework, or other information or content that you submit to a portion of the Entuze Site designed for viewing by other class members or for public communication. This also includes providing opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals, for instance, recommending specific study partners or connecting potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, Entuze and each Member that offers a course in which you enrolled may use all information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but will only provide others your username (for clarity, no disclosure of your real name or email address).
- With employers, government programs, institutions, or other enterprises that sponsor your enrollment in a course for training or other educational purposes – If an entity pays for or otherwise sponsors your Verified Certificate or course participation, Entuze will share information with the entity as needed to confirm your enrollment, participation, progress, and completion status in that course.
Entuze may also seek your consent for additional disclosures of information, including Personal Information, and will share it only as described to you. In addition, Entuze or a Member may share with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners, information and Personal Information that is de-identified or aggregated in a manner that does not personally identify you.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your Personal Information through learner features on the Entuze Site and requests to the Entuze learner support team. Entuze will provide support to the extent required by applicable law and more broadly when possible, as a courtesy in our sole discretion. Entuze will notify you in the event that Entuze is unable to meet a request that is not legally required. Similarly, Members will only be obligated to comply with requests to the extent legally required, but may choose to comply with other requests in their sole discretion.
Access and correct your Personal Information
Much of your Personal Information is available in your Entuze account. Your name, email address, and other identifiable profile information is editable through the profile settings in your Entuze account except as noted below. Your account dashboard lists all current and archived courses in which you have enrolled and includes links to any Verified Certificates you may have earned. The dashboard also contains copies of your answers and other participation and performance in courses. Please contact Entuze learner support to access and update this or other information. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, Entuze learner support will notify the appropriate Member of your request.
- Usernames cannot ever be changed. This is an Entuze system restriction. Because usernames identify you in courses and elsewhere on the Entuze Site, Entuze encourages you to use discretion in choosing your username. If you want to protect your identity, do not use your real name or a name identifiable to you as your username.
- Entuze does not track or index every time or every place on the Entuze Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so Entuze will not be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. Entuze encourages you to use discretion before volunteering Personal Information on the Entuze Site.
Delete account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your Entuze account and Personal Information, you should click the button labeled “Delete my account” in your Entuze account settings. Because deletion on the Entuze system is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, Entuze may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage the Entuze account affected by your request.
With respect to your Entuze account, Entuze will permanently:
- deactivate your Entuze account,
- remove the active profile,
- retire your username, and
- remove you from Entuze email lists.
With respect to your Personal Information, Entuze will permanently delete your Entuze account profile Personal Information from the Entuze Site.
As noted above, to the extent that Entuze associates the information that Entuze collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your Entuze account profile. By erasing the Personal Information in your Entuze account profile, the remaining information about your activity on the Entuze Site will no longer be associated with you, except as noted below.
These changes will be applied to data stores that are used for operation of the Entuze Site including course administration by Members. If you enrolled in any courses on the Entuze Site, the Entuze learner support team will share your request with the Members that offered those courses.
- Deletion will not apply to historical activity logs or archives unless and until these logs and data naturally “age-off” the Entuze system.
- Entuze does not track or index every time or every place on the Entuze Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither Entuze nor Members will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. Entuze encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing your Personal Information on the Entuze Site.
- Entuze will archive course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives are used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and Personal Information may not be deleted from research data packages retained by Members.
- Entuze and each applicable Member cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, records relating to previous purchases on the Entuze Site must be retained for financial reporting, audit, and compliance reasons.
- Entuze and each Member will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Entuze will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with Entuze’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Upon your request that Entuze deactivate your account and delete your information, Entuze will follow the process described above, including without limitation archiving your course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education.
STORAGE & SECURITY
Entuze stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and also on servers of companies that Entuze hires to provide services. In each case, information may be stored in India and in other countries where Entuze operates.
Entuze controls its own copy of information collected through the Entuze Site and has an information security designed program to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. Entuze uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, Entuze cannot guarantee its absolute security. While Entuze works hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, Entuze cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If Entuze learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, Entuze may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using the Entuze Site or providing Personal Information to Entuze, you agree that Entuze can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Entuze Site. If a security systems breach occurs, Entuze may post a notice on the Entuze homepage or elsewhere on the Entuze Site and may send an email to you at the email address associated with your Entuze account. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the Personal Information that Entuze maintains about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are unique identifiers usually in the form of small data files placed on your device that send certain information about your activity on the Entuze Site or in an email communication back to Entuze or the authorized third party that served the cookie. Entuze or third parties may also use Flash cookies.
Entuze Site consists of all content and pages located within the Entuze.com web domain and all Entuze mobile applications.
Personal Information is information that specifically identifies you or that, when combined with other information, could be used to identify you.
Tracking Technologies are web beacons, clear gifs, pixels, and similar technologies that are also unique identifiers used to track your online activity but are not stored on your device.
Verified Certificate is a virtual certificate that shows that you have successfully completed your Entuze course or program and verified your identity using your webcam and your acceptable form of photo ID.